Monday, January 5, 2009

The Comix Strip: Pearls Before Swine

One of the things that I've always enjoyed about reading the daily newspaper was the comic strips. The unique characters and light-hearted and humorous storylines always seemed to brighten my day!

Well - the style and content of today's daily comic strip may have changed, but yet they still have the unique power to make me laugh and feel better, regardless of the darker issues going on in the world.

Case in point - my top fave - Pearls Before Swine by Stephan Pattis. His array of animal characters have wit, sarcasm, silliness and stupidity, all rolled into each and every daily strip. I will admit that his humor is very rude, crude and politically incorrect...and that's just what I love about it. Any strip that can spoof the Larry Craig bathroom stall scandal into one of it's storylines just has to be a keeper!

My goal is to try and post the latest strip every morning before work (if possible). Today's strip takes an ironic step in making fun of itself. Have fun!

Pearls Before Swine

Previous posts of Pearls can be viewed at comics.com



No comments:

Post a Comment